Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Milk Scones

A truly classic scone easy to make at home. Although it has been sometime since I owned and operated my business "Harlequins Continental Bakery" in  Balgowlah, I still recall with fond memories the demand on a busy Saturday and Sunday morning for the much loved milk scones. 



Milk Scones Recipe

Ingredients for 15

3 cups self raising flour (500 g)
⅓ cup caster sugar (80 g)
110 g butter
250 ml milk

Method

Preheat oven to 200ºC.
Place flour, sugar and butter in a bowl and mix until butter is rubbed into flour and sugar.
Add milk and mix until combined, don’t over mix which will make the scones tough.
Place on a workbench dusted with flour and roll or press out to a thickness of approx 3 cm.
Cut scones with a cutter 5 cm. in diameter.
Place on lightly greased flat baking tray.
Bake in the oven on 200º C approx 12 min.
Serve hot or cold with jam and whipped cream.

Note: If you want to make date scones, add chopped dates as soon the scone mix is combined.
Unbaked scones can be stored in a closed container in the freezer. They will always be best when freshly made and baked.

2 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled that I have finally mastered the art of making scones, for years I have been unable to bake a scone, by following this recipe I have succeeded. Thank you Alex, I can't wait to try more of your recipes.

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad Louise has had as much success with this scone recepie, mind you I wouldnt have know because she hasnt been sharing them with us so I have made them myself and they are amazing.
    Thankyou so much Alex youve done it again
    Joy

    ReplyDelete