Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 26, 2012

Swiss Macaron

It is the way I have made macarons since my apprenticeship and is still my preferred macaron for cakes. It is crispier than a French or Italian macaron and has an excellent texture variety in cakes. This macaron has a top surface texture like a dry cracked seabed.


Ingredients

1100 g caster sugar
300 g almond meal
300 g egg whites
25 g gluten free flour

Method

Place almond meal, gluten free flour and sugar in a bowl and mix evenly. Add egg whites gradually and blend evenly, but do not whisk. Pipe onto baking trays lined with greaseproof paper. Bake in a normal oven 170ºC for approx. 15 minutes. Allow cooling and place macaron in an airtight container at room temperature.

Note: This is the portion I use all the time in work, but at home I would divide it by 10. I use rice flour if gluten free flour mix is not available. This macaron mix can be piped into all kinds of shapes such as round, oblong or spread on rice paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment