Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Featuring Rosemarie Immerschmitt’s “Pork Medallion with Creamy Mushroom Sauce”

Born in Berlin and now living in Simbach an inn, which is in the district of Bavaria, Germany. I started learning to cook as a young child and at the age of 16 I attended a school to study cooking and sewing. I thoroughly enjoy the process of cooking and love to prepare meals for my loved ones. I like travelling and plan to take a trip to Italy in the near future. Currently I am in Australia on a three month holiday enjoying time with my family and meeting lots of new friends including the beautiful wildlife.

The most essential items in my kitchen and favourite kitchen tools are good pans and potato peelers. My regular comfort food is Beef or Chicken goulash and I also enjoy good sauerkraut. My mother’s old cook book “The Austrian Kitchen” is my treasure. I admire “Lafer” an Austrian chef working in Germany and a desired newly discovered ingredient is fresh ginger. Seasonal fruits are what I enjoy most especially fresh strawberries in cream and bananas. The main ingredients I keep stocked in my kitchen are salt, pepper, paprika, curry powder and ginger.

The best cooking tip I can give is not to overcook food, just turn it and definitely no picking. A kitchen incident I would like to share is when I made marmalade. Unfortunately I did not close the lid tightly and when I picked up the jar it fell, hit the kitchen bench and bounced against the wall before hitting the floor. The marmalade was everywhere, I had to clean the walls and floor and later re paint as the walls were an orange colour.

Pork Medallion with Creamy Mushroom Sauce


Ingredients serve 6

3 lean pork fillets
356 g button mushrooms sliced
600ml cream
1tbsp plain flour
Salt
Black pepper
4 tbls oil

Method

Trim pork fillet of any excess fat and cut into pieces. Flatten with a meat mallet, sprinkle with salt and pepper according to taste. Sieve plain flour over pork pieces. Pour 2tbls oil in frying pan over medium heat. Place pork medallions into pan and cook in batches. Keep warm on a serving tray.
Pour 2 tbls oil into a saucepan and sauté mushrooms until tender while stirring. Add cream and bring to the boil. Simmer for approx. 10 min. Serve medallions on a bed of rice with creamy mushroom sauce, steamed vegetables and salad.
 
Note: Substitute rice with boiled or mashed potato

No comments:

Post a Comment